Friday, February 4, 2011

Let’s all Beware, of the Elevators in here..

When the delegates pressed the button on the wall, did they know that they will be in BIG trouble (with a capital T)? No, they did not know what was in store for them.
“It was horrible”, the delegate of Palestine said, “it felt all stuffy and hot. I never thought I will get into this when I came for GMUN.”

It was not the fact that being stuck in anything is a big deal. But being stuck in a lift is somehow bitterer. “I definitely developed claustrophobia. I was not trying to think of all the people who died of suffocation in elevators around the globe. Those ten minutes were the longest of my life”, said a delegate that did not wish to be identified.

“But one can’t say that it was not entertaining”, put in an optimistic delegate. “If everything is for the best I had the most educational moment of my life- take the stairs. Slower and tiring, but safer, way more safer.” The three delegates were, needless to say, pretty glad when they were rescued.

This is only one incident in which the elevator stopped working.  Elevators are a safe method for moving up and down buildings.  The experience that these delegates went through is a rare situation as elevators usually do break down because they have been tested for any faults. 
photo taken by Chahak Bhalla
Article By: Vishnu A. Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment